Friday, July 24, 2009

Why we do what we do...

From a post a few weeks ago on my puppies at play blog:

Its been a while since my last post.
Unfortunately have been bogged down with work commitments and other projects and haven't had the chance to draw any of my favourite puppy pictures.
I was inspired tho the other nite after a day at work. That day my company had received a bit of fan mail for the pawphans i design where a young twelve year old kid had sent a letter saying how much they loved the product and they enclosed some drawings of their own. They were fantastic and i had to say were the highlight of my week - if not even more so.
After a partucularly frustrating week this reminded me why so many of us do what we do - the warm feeling you get when you get to see the joy that a young kid gets from your product.
It put a lot of things in perspective for me and really made my week extra special.
That nite i actually went home and sketched up this pic for our customer service department to send back to the kid. I guess it was a bit of a thankyou for reinspiring me.
I'm hoping that i can one day show the kids drawings on this blog (will have to seek permission first tho).
Hopefully my next post won't be so long a wait next time...